TALBOT GATEWAY, BLACKPOOL’S CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT IS A MAJOR MIXED-USE REGENERATION SCHEME, TRANSFORMING THE HEART OF BLACKPOOL TOWN CENTRE.
Phase 1, completed in 2014 by Blackpool Council in partnership with Muse Developments, has revived one of Blackpool’s key gateways into a modern, thriving commercial district.
No.1 Bickerstaffe Square is home to the administrative headquarters of Blackpool Council.
Blackpool North train station is directly opposite and a regular bus services operate in the local vicinity.
The whole scheme includes:
- a new central business and civic quarter with 1.1 million sq ft of development
- BREEAM Excellent Grade A offices
- 120,000 sq ft Sainsbury’s foodstore
- 40,000 sq ft ground floor retail/leisure space
- The Gym, a 17,000 sq ft fitness centre
- 650 space refurbished multi-storey car park
- new public transport interchange
- upgrades to Blackpool North train station
- £6 million highway works
- new roundabouts and signalised junctions
- an attractive public realm.
Phase 2 is already underway with the development of a new tram hub and retail element, that will extend the existing tram route and connect the central business district with the Promenade and visitor leisure attractions. Development of a new 4* hotel is due to commence in the near future.
Phase 3 will continue to invest further in the central business district that will include new office developments and supporting infrastructure.