Talbot Gateway is a major mixed-use regeneration scheme, transforming the heart of Blackpool town centre. It is also Blackpool’s central business district.
Talbot Gateway extends to some 20 acres focussed around the main railway station and is one of Blackpool’s key arrival points for commuters and visitors alike.
The scheme is situated just a few hundred yards from the famous promenade and North Pier with direct tram services linking the development to the sea front and other parts of the town.
A comprehensive masterplan is in place for the redevelopment of the area which includes:
- A new central business and civic quarter with 1.1 million sq ft of commercial accommodation
- BREEAM Excellent Grade A offices
- 120,000 sq ft Sainsbury’s foodstore
- 40,000 sq ft ground floor retail, restaurant and leisure space
- The Gym, a 17,000 sq ft fitness centre
- Bickerstaffe Square, a new town centre event space
- 650 space refurbished multi-storey car park
- New public transport interchange
- Upgrades to Blackpool North train station
- £6 million highway improvements including new roundabouts and signalised junctions
Phase 1 has already been delivered by Muse, providing high quality office accommodation for Blackpool Council at Bickerstaffe House, a new 150,000 sq ft energy efficient and award-winning headquarters office building.
It is also home to Slater Gordon Solutions Motor and Blackpool and The Fylde College. A new foodstore for Sainsbury’s has also been developed which provides a huge range of food and convenience goods for local residents and office workers. New café, restaurant and gym space has also opened within the scheme.
The development of a new tram terminus linking with the main railway station is currently underway alongside the development of a new 144 bedroom 4* Holiday Inn hotel which will include a Marco Pierre White restaurant.
Design work has also commenced on the next phase of commercial development which will continue the expansion of the central business district and supporting infrastructure.